Monday, February 4, 2008

Hello

I am at work so cannot think or take to long!
Wish I were out in the woods or somewhere far away.
In my mind I am most always somewhere distant and wild.
I am never far away from my place in the wilderness.
I fish every stream again and again each time I get a moment to myself.
I walk old paths; see the forests game trails that only I think I can see!
I sit on a high and lonely cliff and look off into the woods.
I whistle to my dog that has been off on her own all day.
She sits and we share a quiet bite to eat, then off we go, she to explore!
Me to search for new fishing holes or a large growth of wild ginseng.
That’s it as I go back into the real world.
My old dog is long dead, the woods are far away.
Phones are ringing, people are running about.
It’s there world where I am now.
If only they could know the places I have been.
I think most flatlanders could not know the beauty the contentment the tranquility the peace of being alone with only nature, miles from anything manmade!
God help us all....

1 comment:

AMIE said...

I really like this! The words and the picture! Very nice and well put! :-)